A late newsletter today, as I spent all day and Saturday night “off grid” with good friends and have therefore lost 24 hours 😁
So good to forget about work sometimes…. work life balance is something we are all becoming so much more aware of, as burnout is a THING!
Here are my
Top Tips For A Happy Heart And A Sane Brain:
- You can work hard and achieve only so much during your working day … no one is superhuman! If expectations are too high, then a polite reminder to your boss / manager that a more realistic target should be set, is not unreasonable!
- Breathe deeply for 5 minutes during your working day. Sit or stand still, close your eyes if possible and focus on inhale & exhale. Count the breath in, and count the same as you breathe out.
- Try to set time aside to “unplug” from any work related thoughts. Plan some leisure time …take a Yoga or Pilates class to help you learn to just CHILL, but any class you enjoy will take you away mentally for an hour or so!
- Reduce your screen time – especially in the evenings! Set yourself a time to finish with the scrolling, and pick up a book! Lose yourself in some fiction and set yourself up for a good night’s restful sleep.
- SLEEP! Essential for health & mood! 7-8 hours as often as you can. Try to get to bed earlier, and make this a priority!
- Eat well! Not saying never have cake & coffee (AS IF!!!!), but take on NUTRITIOUS foods which will feed the cells of your body and delight the brain! Good mood foods!
I am writing myself a checklist here…..!!!
- Finally, and most importantly, friends and family (and cake!) are the foundation of all happiness! Friends are family (if your own family make your heart hurt!)…and the best thing of course, is you can choose your friends. Choose wisely – nothing should be too much effort! 💜
Good luck, I hope this helps …I’m sure there’s plenty of things I’ve forgotten to mention, but this is a good list to be going on with 😉
Holidays are kicking in with the FF team as well this week, so there are some minor adjustments to the timetable, and some class covers too …please do check below and also the dashboard to make sure your fave class is running.
The Autumn Kick Start Elevate programme is better than ever! All new workouts and a week by week structure to help you get fitter, stronger and be the best version of YOU!
I will be uploading the details AND an Early Bird booking offer, to the website. Details will be ready to view by 5pm today (Sunday). Link to look is here
You can still subscribe to the SUMMER subscription, via the On Demand dashboard, for just £9!
The subscription includes the most popular EVER Kick Start 7 Day plan – The Lift Lean Mid Section Meltdown … and the current fave, the Holiday Takeaway!
Both programmes are perfect for getting into gear before, during or after your hols!
Tons of equipment free mini workouts with myself, my Kick Start colleague Lindsay Williams, and of course Rachel Holmes, creator of Kick Start … all your nutrition guidance is included of course – AND membership to my Facebook members group for daily coaching!
Available for only £9 a month!!!! Cancel anytime!
Have a fun Sunday & great week ahead! X
|Week Commencing Aug 12th – Summer Hols Timetable
New = Newstead / WP = Westcombe Pk
Tub = Tubbenden
|MON||Total Body||9.30am||45 min||WP|
|MON||Essential Pilates||10.30am||50 min||WP|
|MON||Fight Klub||6.00pm||50 min||NEW|
|MON||Body Conditioning||6.45pm||45 min||Tub|
|MON||Body Conditioning||7.00pm||45 min||NEW|
|MON||Yoga Flow||7.30pm||55 min||Tub|
|TUE||Express HIIT||9.30am||40 min||WP|
|TUE||Fitness Pilates||7.40pm||45 min||Tub|
|WED||Cross Train Stretch||9.30am||55 min||WP|
|WED||Cardio Ab Attack||6.45pm||45 min||NEW|
|WED||Fight Klub||7.30pm||50 min||NEW|
|THUR||PowerWave & Yoga Stretch||9.10am||50 min||WP|
|THUR||Fitness Pilates||8.00pm||50 min||Tub|
|FRI||The Body Con Grid||9.30am||45 min||WP|
|FRI||Fitness Pilates||10.30am||50 min||WP|
|SAT||Barefoot Conditioning||10.10am||50 min||NEW|
|SUN||The Sunday Session||9.00am||50 min||NEW|
|SUN||Yoga Summer School with Kevin||10.30am||75 min||NEW|