Eating Healthy While Travelling.
I’m not going to say this is easy! I’m sure some of you switch into “holiday mode” and are not interested in the healthy options anyway! 🤷🏻♀️
We are all free to make our choices of course, and there’s no judgment here, but I’m talking to those of you who have said you don’t want to let your healthy habits go to pot on holiday!
Lots of you are back might be back by now …and if your belt feels a bit on the tight side, read on for next time maybe 😉
Airports & train stations are full of fast food restaurants, coffee & patisserie places, or the book / magazine shop, normally packed with chocolate, crisps and the like… Gaaaargh!
Here are some tips on how to stay happily fed and watered with the good stuff, while you’re travelling!
- Be prepared. Eat well, before you leave – a big breakfast of poached or scrambled eggs, mushrooms and broccoli or courgette! Or a satisfying bowl of porridge with a dollop of natural yoghurt and berry fruits & milled seeds! Maybe it’s 3am? 🤢Ok …maybe not lol!
- Prepare a packed salad, a few boiled eggs, fruit and some nuts. A banana each. Look at this lush protein balls recipe! Eating BEFORE you get to the airport or station, means that you won’t be tempted by the high sugar offerings when you get there.
- Apart from the fact that bread, pastries and fast food is HORRIFIC for fat loss, you’ll make a dent in your holiday spending before you even board! Motorway services are just as expensive, but at least most have an M&S food outlet, so you CAN at least purchase some pretty good food here.
- Every time I fly, I question why the hell am I eating processed rubbish from a plastic tray whilst avoiding elbow tango with the person sitting next to me! An apple & some nuts is 100% more satisfying and healthy … would I eat this square of bouncy and dry “bakewell tart” if I was sitting at home, choosing something to go with my tea?🤔
- Drink PLENTY of water, especially when flying (don’t be afraid of needing to pee …. go before you get on the plane and definitely before you get on a train!!!!). Don’t think about it. You can make it the journey – I believe in you lol! Stay hydrated people – your brain can’t tell the difference between hunger & thirst. Drink plenty and you won’t feel the need to eat lots.
Eating out on holiday? Go for the mixed grill, or enjoy the local seafood, easy on the rice.
All you can eat buffet at the hotel? Fill up on lean protein, salad and veg, veg, veg!
You just need to MAKE that better choice, in order to MAKE your goal. It all depends on how much you want the END RESULT.
Small sacrifices in order will produce big results if you’re consistent … everything you eat, drink or do will either take you closer or further away from your goal. The breakfast muffin won’t kill you, but is it a step forward?
⏰My early bird offer for the Autumn 12 Week Elevate is finishing TOMORROW, bank holiday Monday, at midnight. You can save £20 if you book now to join me for daily coaching health, weight loss & fitness journey, starting September 9th, taking you right up til the Christmas season!
Read all about it, the full 12 week schedule is here, and book SOON to get the deal. You will also get a digital recipe book as a thank you for booking!
As we enter the final week of the Summer timetable, I have finalised the Autumn schedule at last. There have been some tweaks to timings on some classes, and also some hall issues for others – but we enter the Autumn with more pure Yoga available… by request. We have Kevin appearing as a regular on a Sunday, and from mid September Carrie returns from Bali where she has gained her Yoga qualification. Mat Yoga will appear on a Tuesday night when she comes back.
The full schedule can be viewed on the website here … although I have a quick question!
I have been asked about an early class on a Saturday morning … so, calling all Saturday fans! Would an 8am class be preferable to the 9am? Earlier than 8am? The later Total Body HIIT will stay at 9.30 or 9.45am, but I’m interested to know HOW early you want that first class!
NEW CLASS …. You may have seen lots of clips of the new Activation or “booty” bands on social media …. We are going there people! Our new ABC – Activation Band Conditioning class lands on a Saturday at 10.30am at Newstead, with Emma. Book early, to reserve your band!
Have a fabulous and sunny Bank Holiday break,
|Week Commencing Aug 26th – Summer Hols Timetable
New = Newstead / WP = Westcombe Pk
Tub = Tubbenden
|MON||Bank Holiday Boot Camp||10am||50 min||New|
|TUE||Express HIIT||9.30am||40 min||WP|
|TUE||Cardio Abs Outside||6.45pm||45 min||Tub|
|TUE||Fitness Pilates||7.40pm||45 min||Tub|
|WED||Cross Train Stretch||9.30am||55 min||WP|
|WED||Cardio Ab Attack||6.45pm||45 min||NEW|
|WED||Fight Klub||7.30pm||50 min||NEW|
|THUR||PowerWave & Yoga Stretch||9.10am||50 min||WP|
|THUR||Fitness Pilates||8.00pm||50 min||Tub|
|FRI||The Body Con Grid||9.30am||45 min||WP|
|FRI||Fitness Pilates||10.30am||50 min||WP|
|SAT||ABC – Activation Band Conditioning||10.10am||45 min||NEW|
|SUN||The Sunday Session||9.00am||50 min||NEW|
|SUN||Yoga with Kevin||10.30am||75 min||NEW|
For who’s teaching when, check the Team Up dashboard on the Flin’s Fitness home page!